Ancestral Roofs

"In Praise of Older Buildings"

Sunday, December 4, 2011

stony ground

A small biblical allusion for a Sunday morning. I am recalling the tranquility of this bench warming itself against the stone wall of a cobblestone church near here. The owners have converted the sanctuary into an amazing gallery and yoga retreat. I'd suggest a visit to their website stonechurchmuseum.com and a visit (by appointment) to their wonderful space. Brigitte and Dennis are wonderful folks.

I met the couple while interviewing owners of some of Hastings County's cobblestone buildings. Nancy and John Hopkins, the fine folks at Country Roads magazine discovered my interest in cobblestones and asked me to do an article. I'm pleased to say I picked up 100 copies yesterday - and it looks wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment