Ancestral Roofs

"In Praise of Older Buildings"

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Neighbourly Napanee



A neighbour just gave me a copy of a very well produced walking tour map of Napanee. Full credit to all the usual suspects - Chamber of Commerce, LACAC/Heritage Napanee, Lennox and Addington Museum and Archives - and my Mohawk College prof Shannon Kyles' website www.ontarioarchitecture.com...can't wait to bring this tour to life, feet on pavement. I have been intrigued by the town's impressive homes and leafy streets since I was a Carleton undergrad, taking the bus along highway 2, back to school from Prince Edward County visits home. My neighbour has many childhood memories of the town, and we have enjoyed a couple of house tours already. Another one is imminent. Best seat in the house for the Napanee built heritage boosters!

No comments:

Post a Comment