Ancestral Roofs

"In Praise of Older Buildings"

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Now I get it...thank you Marc Shaw

The name rang a bell.
The front of the July issue of Foundations, that fine publication of the Frontenac Heritage Foundation, promised to tell the story of Annandale.

Annandale, I said to myself over the couple of days until I was able to have a look inside. Oh, Annandale! From the first words of Marc Shaw's in-depth article I recalled the appeal this building had for me when I did my Earl Street walkabout in June. How nice to have a chance to know more.

This is just a brief visit...let me share these photos while I read. And if you want to know more before I get back to this post, have a look at the Annandale Chronicle for current and historical photos, and an in-depth history. Really, need I say more?












No comments:

Post a Comment